347 AWW – 1962 Land Rover Series IIA – Diesel – 63,000 miles
This Land Rover is exactly how it was supplied new, via local Land Rover agent R N Golden, Holmfirth.
Ordered as a hard top with 2 x individual rear seats, finished in Deep Bronze Green with Limestone Hard Top.
This Land Rover has lived in Holmfirth and Huddersfield all its life – remaining with the original owner until 2010.
Since then, it has undergone a ground up “nut & bolt” restoration, which has been completed to “museum quality” and includes:
- New galvanised chassis – painted black for originality
- Full respray inside and out
- New door tops and bottoms
- Rebuilt 2286cc – 4cyl Diesel
- Rebuilt gearbox
- 2 x new 6v batteries
- New wiring loom
- Rebuilt axles
- rebuilt brakes
- Regalvanised cappings
- Detailed engine bay
Lots of original features:
- Lights in grill panel
- 600 x 16 Avon Traction mileage tyres (new)
- 3 x elephant hide front seats (original – not reproduction)
- 2 x individual rear seats (original – not reproduction)
- Lucas driving and spot light
- Original Lucas and Sparto lights
- 2 x Lucas wiper motors
- Very rare link mats
- Original 3 smetal spoke steering wheel
- Original Tex Magna Lite indicator stalk
- Original Smiths Round heater
- 63,000 miles
This rare Land Rover is certainly one for the collector.
Land Rover Centre have been exporting Land Rovers to the USA for nearly 30 years, and are here to help, assist and advise every step of the way to ensure that the importation process proceeds without hitch, why not e mail me direct for more information and advice email@example.com