347 AWW – 1962 Land Rover Series IIA – Diesel – 63,000 miles
This Land Rover is exactly how it was supplied new, via local Land Rover agent R N Golden, Holmfirth.
Ordered as a hard top with 2 x individual rear seats, finished in Deep Bronze Green with Limestone Hard Top.
This Land Rover has lived in Holmfirth and Huddersfield all its life – remaining with the original owner until 2010.
Since then, it has undergone a ground up “nut & bolt” restoration, which has been completed to “museum quality” and includes:
- New galvanised chassis – painted black for originality
- Full respray inside and out
- New door tops and bottoms
- Rebuilt 2286cc – 4cyl Diesel
- Rebuilt gearbox
- 2 x new 6v batteries
- New wiring loom
- Rebuilt axles
- rebuilt brakes
- Regalvanised cappings
- Detailed engine bay
Lots of original features:
- Lights in grill panel
- 600 x 16 Avon Traction mileage tyres (new)
- 3 x elephant hide front seats (original – not reproduction)
- 2 x individual rear seats (original – not reproduction)
- Lucas driving and spot light
- Original Lucas and Sparto lights
- 2 x Lucas wiper motors
- Very rare link mats
- Original 3 smetal spoke steering wheel
- Original Tex Magna Lite indicator stalk
- Original Smiths Round heater
- 63,000 miles
This rare Land Rover is certainly one for the collector.
Tax and MOT exempt.