HYT 746W – 1981 Land Rover Series 3 Diesel Soft Top
36,200 miles from new !
It is extremely rare to find a good Diesel Series Land Rover – Most were used commercially (often on farms) when new, and few survive in good condition.
Many others have had engine conversions with more modern diesel engines – which vary in quality and can be difficult to insure or find correct spares for.
Also – the value in these old Land Rovers is in originality – having the “wrong” engine in would have a detrimental effect on future values.
This particular example is a great survivor – having just emerged from 22 years in storage and has undergone a sympathetic re-commissioning, which included:
- Full respray inside and out in original colour (Marine Blue)
- Rust free chassis (paint finish – not daubed in thick layers of under seal)
- Rust free bulkhead
- New door tops and bottoms
- New deluxe vinyl front seats
- Brakes completely overhauled
- Pirelli 205 x 16 tyres (not cheap remolds !)
- New Soft Top
If you are looking for an excellent Series 3 Diesel Land Rover – this could be the one !