VTY 641 – 1962 Land Rover Series IIA Diesel – The Best Available ??
TOTAL NUT AND BOLT RESTORATION in 2009
CLASSIC CAR INSURANCE
This wonderful 1962 Land Rover was completely restored, and sold by us in 2009
It has since been in a private collection in France, having driven a mere 1,000 miles since restoration – This Land Rover is still in outstanding condition as can be seen from the photographs.
The standard of restoration coupled with the documentation and provenance that comes with this Land Rover makes this one of the nicest we have offered for sale in some time.
Although not exhaustive, the following list gives an indication of the work carried out:
- NEW CHASSIS
- All new road springs, shackles and bolts
- All new brake pipes, shoes and cylinders
- New Clutch cylinders
- New “Autosparks” wiring loom
- New tyres
- New “Elephant Hide” seats
- New Canvas hood
- New exhaust system
- New fuel tank
- All new lights
- All new engine hoses
- New door tops and bottoms
- Full respray inside and out
- Engine and gearbox, stripped inspected and rebuilt
As well as the work that has been carried out, this Land Rover comes with all its original features, and some very interesting documentation:
- Original pattern 600 x 16 tyres
- Correct style lights
- Original Lucas spot lamp
- 3 (metal) spoke steering wheel
- Original indicator unit
- Correct type wiper motors
- Smiths heater and correct windscreen demisters
- Original “Buff” log book
- Original purchase invoice
- Original “Land Rover Company Ltd” Guarantee certificate
- Period “AA” badge, and series II Club plaques.
- Workshop Manual
Good enough to be used as a show vehicle or to enhance a Land Rover collection, but practical enough to take the dogs out, or carry the logs.
To be sold fully service, with 12 months MOT, and Export Warranty