BHW 523A – 1963 Land Rover Series IIA
3 owners from new !
Where to start ?
This Land Rover has been the subject of a complete, ground up, nut and bolt restoration, with attention to detail being the watchword – No expense spared !
The result is, arguably the best Series IIA Land Rover available for sale . . . Anywhere.
As good, if not “better” than new !
It is difficult to describe the time, and effort that has gone into building this Land Rover – but below is a list of the major work carried out. Obviously this is not an exhaustive list, but it does give an insight into the detail and quality of the work . . .
- Galvanised Chassis
- Fully rebuilt engine – including unleaded head and new timing gear, +40 pistons, +10 big ends, +10 main bearings.
- Original Solex Carburettor – fully stripped and rebuilt
- Fully stripped and rebuilt gearbox – all new bearings and seals
- New OEM Clutch kit
- Fully stripped and rebuilt axles – all new bearings, seals and swivels
- Fully reconditioned bulkhead
- New grill panel
- New doors and door tops
- New Autosparks wiring loom
- All new “old style” lamps (glass indicators and sidelights)
- All new brakes, drums, shoes, springs, cylinders and pipes
- New road springs, shock absorbers, bushes etc.
- New stainless steel exhaust
- New original style battery
- All new door tops and bottoms
- New (aluminium) outer wing panels
- Correct type 5″ deep sills
- Overhauled door hinges – with new pin kits
- Re – galvanised cappings, windscreen, etc
- Correct dome type rivets used where appropriate
- 5 new 600 x 16 Avon Traction mileage tyres
- Bonnet mounted spare (option to mount in rear tub also)
- New Exmoor trim Khaki hood (sand available if preferred)
- New “Elephant hide” seats – including rear bench seats
- Reconditioned steering wheel
- New Old Stock Tex Magnalite indicator switch
- “Land Rover” logo mudflaps
- Stormforce car cover (suitable for indoor or outdoor use)
The result is the very best example of this iconic vehicle – Easily identified by almost every adult on the planet, and once a common sight on every continent of the world.
This Land Rover is a pleasure to drive, and turns heads wherever it goes.
Finished in traditional Land Rover deep bronze green, and riding on a brand new set of Avon Traction Mileage tyres – this must surely be the epitome of a 1960’s Land Rover ??
If you are simply looking for the best – I suggest you look no further !