GPH 373K – 1971 Land Rover Series 2A – Rare Searle Safari
Most Land Rover enthusiasts will have heard the name “Searle Carawagon” – a 109″ camper with its distinctive “pop up” roof.
Lesser known is the “Searle Safari” – which is based on an 88″ Short Wheel Base. It did not have the pop up roof – but front seats that folded into a double bed, partial bulkhead removal (behind front seats) and a full roof rack were standard features.
Included in the “optional extras” – was a pull out tent for the rear.
This particular example has been the subject of a previous 3 year restoration and was purchased by the previous owner in 2006 and exported to Ireland.
The Land Rover has recently returned to England and is registered with Swansea on it’s original number plate.
The restoration included a Galvanised chassis, refurbished bulkhead, rebuilt engine and full respray.
Other features include:
- Galvanised Roof Rack (original Searle specification)
- Pull out rear tent (original Searle specification)
- Fold down front seats (original Searle specification)
- Bulkhead removal (original Searle specification)
- MAP Free Wheel Hubs
- Front and rear lamp guards
- Safari roof (original Searle specification)
- Sliding side windows
- Unleaded cyl head
- 7.50 x 16 tyres
- 2 x spare wheels
- Original Instruction manual
- Original Owners maintenance manual
- Original optional equipment booklet
- Selection of spare parts
Quite a rare Land Rover and would be ideal for someone looking for an occasional camper.
Lots of history and receipts including MOT certificates back to April 1975.
Only covered 2,500 miles since rebuild.
Looking for another keeper who will cherish her.
For classic car insurance at a competitive rate
Contact Adrian Flux Insurance