NDH 789J – Outstanding 1971 Land Rover Series IIA Station Wagon
Land Rover Centre is proud to be able to offer, what must be one of the best Series IIA 88″ Station wagon available for sale.
At the end of 2014 this Land Rover was coming to the end of a meticulous rebuild that had been completed over a 4 year period by a father and son team.
This was a life lesson from father to son that there is more to life than computers and play stations, the father set an original budget of £3,000 for the project, so as it turned out both father and son learned a lesson from this project ! – The attention to detail can only be described as “Obsessive” – every last nut and bolt was removed.
It is impossible to describe the rebuild fully, but the main details were:
- New Galvanized Chassis treated with acid then 5 coats of paint.
- Refurbished & Galvanized bulkhead – with correct floors treated as above.
- New galvanized front panel treated as above.
- Body cappings, screen etc – all re-galvanised (refitted using the correct “cold rivets”)
- Fully rebuilt & reconditioned engine (unleaded)
- Fully rebuilt & reconditioned gearbox
- Fully rebuilt & reconditioned transfer box
- Fully rebuilt and reconditioned overdrive
- Full new clutch
- New wiring loom
- All new light fittings
- Fully stripped and rebuilt axles
- All new brakes – Drums, shoes, cylinders pipes etc
- All new suspension – Including parabolic springs
- Full “Elephant Hide” interior – including the 4 x Individual rear seats
- Inertia belts on front outer seats
- Full La Salle Headlining
- La Salle interior window trims
- La Salle door trims
- Period style radio
- Chrome bezel instruments
- New 205 x 16 tyres
Land Rover Centre were proud to be able to offer this Land Rover for sale in 2015 – and more than happy to have a second opportunity to sell it again in 2021.
The Land Rover has now covered 12,250 miles since the rebuild and is running as nicely as ever
Finished in the rare colour of “Pastel” (or “light”) Green with Elephant hide interior – It really is an eye catching machine and gets admiring glances whenever it is out on the road.
Land Rover Centre are also very proud to be able to say that Oxford Diecast have found 5 of our Land Rovers to reproduce in 1/43 and 1/25 scale models.
“NDH” is one of those 5 Land Rovers, and an original 1/43 scale model is included in the sale !
A 20 minute video of the rebuild is available to view:
This Land Rover was also used in a photo shoot for a local clothing company “USHIWEAR” – They were looking for British icons to showcase their British clothing brand.
To be sold fully serviced with 12 months MOT and 6 months warranty