NDH 789J – Outstanding 1971 Land Rover Series IIA Station Wagon – Every Last Nut & Bolt Rebuild.
Land Rover Centre is proud to be able to offer, what must be the best Series IIA 88″ Station wagon available for sale anywhere.
This Land Rover has been meticulously rebuilt over a 4 year period by a father and son team as a life lesson from father to son that their was more to life than computers and play stations, the father set an original budget of £3,000 for the project, so as it turned out both father and son learned a lesson from this project the attention to detail can only be described as O C D – every last nut and bolt was removed,
It is impossible to describe the rebuild fully, but the main details are:
- New Galvanized Chassis treated with acid then 5 coats of paint.
- Refurbished & Galvanized bulkhead – with correct floors treated as above.
- New galvanized front panel treated as above.
- Body cappings, screen etc – all re-galvanised (refitted using the correct “cold rivets”)
- Fully rebuilt & reconditioned engine (unleaded)
- Fully rebuilt & reconditioned gearbox
- Fully rebuilt & reconditioned transfer box
- Fully rebuilt and reconditioned overdrive
- Full new clutch
- New wiring loom
- All new light fittings
- Fully stripped and rebuilt axles
- All new brakes – Drums, shoes, cylinders pipes etc
- All new suspension – Including parabolic springs
- Full “Elephant Hide” interior – including the 4 x Individual rear seats
- Inertia belts on front outer seats
- Full La Salle Headlining
- La Salle interior window trims
- La Salle door trims
- Period style radio
- Chrome bezel instruments
- New 205 x 16 tyres
As you can see from the pictures, the final result is outstanding, and would grace any collection or someone simply looking for the best series IIA Station Wagon available.
A 20 minute video of the rebuild is available to view:
This Land Rover was recently used in a photo shoot for a local clothing company (pictures to follow shortly).
Only 400 miles covered since remanafactured.
To be sold with 12 months MOT and 6 months Gold Warranty.