PCP 948 – 1962 Land Rover Series IIA – Restored on a Galvanised Chassis
Classic Car insurance
This Land Rover has been the subject of a 2 year “ground up” restoration, and is finished to an excellent standard, which included:
- Reconditioned front axle
- Reconditioned bulk head
- New wiring loom
- New fuel tank
- New door bottoms
- Alloy door tops which will never rot away
- New tail gate
- All new breaking system uprated with Series 3 servo
- Various new / old stock body panels
- New canvas top
- Re galvanized body cappings
- Springs and shockers along with numerous other items
It also retains many of it’s original features:
- Headlamps in the grill
- Push button start
- Correct type Smiths heater (plumbed in and working !!)
- Correct indicator stalk
Finished in traditional Limestone, this lovely “vintage” soft top Land Rover drives excellently with a lovely quiet 2.25 petrol engine and quiet diffs and gearbox.
Overall a lovely vehicle which drives as good as it looks.
It still retains its original west yorkshire registration number
Not the cheapest you will find – but surely one of the best ?
Being Tax Exempt, and qualifying for classic car insurance makes this Land Rover inexpensive to run.