YTA 318L – 1972 TAX EXEMPT Lightweight – Galvanised Chassis.
We have rarely seen better ! – This must be one of the best available.
This Land Rover was the subject of a ground up restoration in 2001 by a previous enthusiast owner, who built this to SHOW STANDARDS.
Since that time, it has been used sparingly to attend shows and road runs etc.
The rebuild included but was not limited to:
- New Galvanised Chassis – Painted Black for originality
- Full respray in Deep Bronze Green
- Refurbished lower bulkhead
- Galvanised upper bulkhead / vent panel
- Body cappings, bumper etc – Re- Galvanised
- Unleaded Cyl Head
- Reconditioned gearbox
There is a HUGE history file with this vehicle, including it’s Army records where it spent most of it’s life with 71st (City of London) Yeomanry Signal Regiment (Volunteers).
Military Reg: 49 FL 86
Into Service 01.01.1973
Army records confirm that this vehicle has covered a genuine 68,000 miles from new.
Lots of original features:
- Pioneer Kit
- Nato Hitch
- Original type square heater
- Bridge plate
- Correct military lights front and rear
- Correct Goodyear Xtra Grip 6.50 x 16 tyres
- Correct tailgate
- Correct bumperettes
So, if you are looking to add a Lightweight Land Rover to your collection, looking for a vehicle to attend shows, or simply want something different to take the kids to the beach in – this might be the one !
To be sold fully serviced, with 12 months MOT and 6 months comprehensive warranty